Date: April 27-29, 2020
Location: Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL
Ladenburg event: Ladenburg Institute of Women and Finance (LIWF)
Who is eligible to apply?
- Juniors, Seniors in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at a four-year college or university. Recent graduates may apply.
- Students pursuing a degree in business administration or similar studies with a focus in finance.
- First time attendee.
- Women's only event.
What is the Program timeline?
- Application Open: Jan. 29, 2020
- Application Deadline: Mar 6, 2020
- Notification of Selection Results: Mar 27, 2020
- Event: April 27-29, 2020
- Funds Disbursed: After April 29, 2020
Is this conference scholarship renewable?
What is the amount of the conference scholarship?
- Maximum amount: $400
- The Link to the Future conference scholarship will help with travel expenses, up to $400, associated with attending one of the Ladenburg conferences.
Are there any up-front costs?
- Travel costs to the conference location are paid up-front by scholarship recipient. Upon attending the event, travel costs, up to $400, incurred will be reimbursed via Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment.
- Expenses may include: airfare, mileage, ride sharing and parking fees.
- A reimbursement form will be provided at any Link to the Future orientation.
- Any costs that exceed the scholarship amount are the recipient's responsibility.
What other costs should I be aware of?
Hotel accomodations at the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL are included in your conference scholarship; however you will need to use a major credit card to hold your room when making your reservations and checking-in as any hotel incidentals i.e., room service, etc. will be at your own cost. Meals, snacks and activities outside of the in the conference agenda are also your own responsibility.
What if I cancel my attendance to the event but have already paid for my travel?
Applicants must attend the conference to receive reimbursement, if applicant cancels prior to attending the conference any fees or costs will not be accepted for reimbursement.
Who administers this Program?
Link to the Future is a Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services, Inc (LTS) sponsored program.
The program committee is comprised of employees from Securities America, Inc., Triad Advisors, Investacorp, Securities Service Network (SSN) and KMS Financial Services, Inc, who are all wholly owned subsidiaries of LTS.
How will I be notified about the status of my application?
Notifications are sent primarily via email to the email you used in your conference scholarship application. Ultimately, it is your responsibility as the applicant to verify your email inbox in a timely manner to ensure you receive all communication. In some cases, we do use the phone number included in the application.
What notifications will be sent to me?
- Selection Results: Notification of selection result are sent to all applicants.
- Accepted Applicants: If your application is accepted you will be required to register for the event you applied to attend, and a number of communications prior to the event will also be sent to the email address you provide on your conference scholarship application.
- Funds Disbursed: Reimbursement forms are provided during event orientation. Applicants must attend the conference to receive reimbursement.
Who will notifications be sent from?
You will receive notifications from one email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org You should add this email addresses to your “safe senders list” to ensure important emails are not sent to your spam or junk folder.
Can I opt out of notifications?
- While you can opt out of notifications, this is not advised.
- It is your responsibility as the applicant to ensure your notification status is received, you register for the event you applied to attend and completed forms and travel receipts are sent to the planning committee for conference scholarship reimbursement to be processed.
- If you opt out of notifications, you will not receive deadline reminders or selection results. Your information is never sold to any third party.
- The only emails you will receive from email@example.com are directly related to your application and the Ladenburg event you applied to attend.
What are the selection criteria?
- Online application
- Referral to Link to the Future program
What are the details of the conference scholarship?
- The conference scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable or transferable amount up to $400.
- Ten awards will be given for the LIWF 2020 Ladenburg conference.
- The conference scholarships may be applied to travel expenses including: airfare, mileage, ride sharing and parking fees.
What are my responsibilities if I am chosen as a recipient?
You must register and attend the LIWF 2020 Ladenburg conference, April 27-29, 2020 in Chicago, IL. The event will take place at the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile. You are responsible for sending your completed reimbursement form and all travel receipts to the Link to the Future committee to begin payment processing. You will receive an email notification when your forms have been submitted for payment.
How and when are funds issued?
Once submitted for processing you should receive your reimbursement within a week via Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment.
Link to the Future committee members can be reached during office hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org